Building an audio room - 12x22 - electrical plan?

I am at the pount of adding a new room which will be my audio room. It will be 12x22 feet with the audio on the short wall. While I would like to Go wider than this I do have size limits that I have to adhere to. The contractors will be adding electric to the room and I have not yet decided what to request. Based off of what I have read I am assuming that 2 20 amp circuits are the way to go. Any other recommendations? I am looking to add things now that will be easier done during construction then down the road.

I will also be adding a layer of Homasote sound barrier to the sheetrock to keep me toe tapping to myself. The floor will be carpet. Any other items to consider up front?
128x128michaelkingdom
Might I suggest you consider building your listening room to the golden ratio, which is 1.618:1? This would require minimal physical, but acoustically significant changes to the proportions of the room to avoid standing waves and enhance the sound at all frequencies and locations in the room.

To modify your present plans to the golden ratio, you could modify as follows:

If your longest dimension must be 22 ft, your short dimension would be lengthened to 13.6 feet and the ceiling would be 8.4 (~ 8' 5") high.

If 12' must be your maximum width, shorten the long dimension to 19.4' (19' 5") with a ceiling height of 7.4'.

This should make the speaker/room interface easier to tune, minimize standing waves and sickouts, and require less room treatment for a full, natural sound that is consistent throughout the room.

After all, George Cardas built his cable company on this principle.
Thanks for all the responses. I will keep the thread updated as I proceed to build along budget lines. While I would love to build the Cardas plan, I can't drop the ceiling or shorten the room.
I am a contractor, with a Passion to audio/video. There are a lot of areas that can help, such as insulate walls & ceilings, sound board before drywall, dedicate each of your amp outlets, & outlet for a/v gear, w/ 12/2 wire. Each of these 3 outlets should be a Leviton dedicated media outlet. Your concrete floor should be applied with UGL water proofing paint, rebond padding, then carpeting. BTW, make sure to put your studs in 12" o.c. and make sure you glue everything to make air tight. Good luck with your project, hope I helped you out my friend..
Thank you for all the great advice. I have settled on 3 20A lines for the audio. Two of the lines (for mono blocks) will off of a single circuit to keep it in phase. The third will be for sources/pre etc. The wiring will be 10 gauge multistrand. I will be placing a whole home surge protector at the main box so the house is completely protected.

The walls will have Homosote under the sheet rock for reducing having my fun spill into the adjacent bedroom.

I won't be running 220.
Have you looked into Torus AVR, use the Torus as the hub and you run upto 7 zones, dedicated circuits for whatever you need. You only need to run the feed from the main panel!