Paradigm or B&W?

I am thinking of upgrading my speakers. I currently have a pair of Paradigm Studio 40, v.3. I use a Musical Fidelity a3.2 integrated amp with the a3.2cd player. I am thinking of the Paradigm S4 or B&W Signature 805. My room is 18 x 12. I listened to the S4's with Macintosh amplification. They were a noticeable improvement above the Studio 40's. I am going to listen to the B&W's when I travel to Chicago in early April.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
valinar
Having owned many pairs of B&W's over the years, including N805sigs, I never found them bright. Revealing, yes, but never bright. However, for the last few years, I've been using a pair of B&W LM wall mounted monitors in my office. They've always had a slight edge or grainy sound to them. Granted, I'm using a computer as a source and there are no wall treatments in this room. I've never used any type of power conditioning in this room, so last week, I slipped a PS Audio UPC-200 into the system. WOW, what a difference. The edge is gone, the bass has more weight and the soundstage a lot wider and deeper. I'm also hearing more information (micro dynamics?). Now, the wife is bitching that I'm spending too much time on the computer. She keeps asking why I built a dedicated listening room. In fact, she's found me sleeping in front of the computer a few times. So, I guess I need to get over to the local office supply store to buy a new comfy chair. Do they make recling office chairs with castors?

I know I got a little of subject, but I needed an excuse to listen to a few more tracks...........
It has been a while but I have owned both, and high and low ends of spectrum. Paradign is good for price but I like B&W, especially the SUBs. ifferent enough that I agree that a/b test important.