Thoughts on the new B&W 800D series speakers

I heard the new B&W 804's last night and they sounded pretty good. They completely disappeared and sounded very good tonally. Went back home and listened to my Silver Signature's playing the same CD, and I don't think I'd traded my Silver Sig's in for them.

BUT... There were things I liked better from each speaker AND... the two room sizes were a lot different, so I'd have to compare them side-by-side. The new midrange speaker was really quick and seemed accurate.

The dealer hadn't received any of the 800D line with the Diamond tweeters yet. Has anyone heard them? What did you think?
krell_man
i would recommend anyone in the price range on the new d series 800.802,801 or 803 look into tyler acoustic speakers. i purchased their woodmere's and it is by far the BEST speaker i have ever heard. these would retail for in a stereo store for $ 30-35,000 a pair. what the b&w do the woodmere's take it to the next level but do not have the typical b&w sound which it tipped up on the top end and does not have subwoofer quality bass like the woodmere's which i could judge by having a rel stadium 3 sub which is sold now. i think if anyone heard the woodmere's it would be a no brainer and this is after owning 805's 802s3.n802,n803. my friend bought my n802 and when i hear them now, well the woodmere's are the best bargain if you want the best thats out there without paying $$$$$$$$$$ !!! their website is tyleracoustics.com good luck
Millenium, have you heard the new B&W line? They are quite a bit better than the old line. I think you might have a little different feeling about the bass if you had.
silver signature series + milbert tube amps in earl's bmw540

see http://milbert.com/earl
Krell_man, I really don't think any current B&W are on the pair with silver sigs. I owned them for 7 years and tried every Nautilus model agains them. S7horton, I did have proper setup.........all the Nautilus speakers were broken in. Silver Sigs had the "magic" only few speakers have IMHO. Unfortunately John Bowers is no longer with us and current B&W folks are leaning more and more towards commercial mentality.
Krell_man. I'd keep the Silver Sigs or go with another manufacturer.
Good luck!
I have recently had the good fortune of hearing both 800d's and 802d's. In both instances the setup seemed appropriate,without going into full detail but both pairs had not been broken in yet. I had never been very impressed with B&W product before the most recent edition of sigs came to market. I found that I could listen to the sig800's at lenght with no fatigue. Truly enjoyable. The experience I had with the new diamond version was something else again! I have been fortunate to have experienced several hundred live music performances in the last 20 years from Soundgarden to the Chicago Symphony and I have never experienced anything this close that didn't require tickets. No superlatives necessary! Obviously everyone has thier own set of ears, and therefore thier own opinion. Do yourself a favor, put everyones opinions aside and listen to the music. B&W 800d and 802d recommended without hesitation!