Another audio dealer bites the dust

GNP of Pasadena California is closing there doors after 30 years in the high-end business. The owner told me they don't have enough sales to keep the door opened. It's really ashame, they are very nice people and very knowledgeable. I guess the Best buys of the world are the audio future. How sad!
taters
I've said it many times. Too many of us go to the stores to demo equipment and make up their minds and then order on-line for lower prices. I've tried hard to buy books and equipment from my local stores, because I want the brick and mortar stores to stay. And yes, I am willing to pay more for that service. On line retailers got away with not having to charge state and local taxes and other fees and therefore could charge less, but (here's the bandwagon), you eventually lose in your neighborhoods because the tax dollars that would have been used to pay for Police, Fire, fixing the streets, maintenance, and other services isn't there anymore. it is subtle, but eventually it becomes obvious when it is gone and too late.

As they say, there ain't no such thing as a free lunch. I've notices that most of the high end stereo stores in LA that I was familiar with and worked with are no longer around.

enjoy
"I guess the Best buys of the world are the audio future. How sad!"

Best Buy does not carry enough AUDIO equipment, regardless of quality, to even be considered an audio store. And all the busniess mags I read say their days are numbered as well. On the tax front, Amazon now collects tax here in Texas. That's good news.
Cheers
Thanks! for sharing taters. How many competitors does GNP compete against?

Happy Listening!