Ultimate challenge biggest bang speaker

World class speakers cost lots of money I have discovered what I want my system to sound like, but I want to have money left over for better electronics. Anyone know afffordable speakers (up to $3,000 maybe $4,000) that will bring out all the detail, air, sound stage and life-like sound that I sensed when listening to kharmas or jm lab utopia divas or piega c8ltd. or dynaudio c4. All excellent speakers but surely sometimes a bargain can be found that gives you alot for the money. thanks.
pedrillo
Axiom speakers (from Canada) are a big bang for buck speaker. You will need a highly skilled ear to tell the difference between these and more expensive B&Ws. Order direct only.
Single drivers systems, lord have mercy on us all, that we have had to revert to the 1920's for our amplification and our speaker design. I'm beginning to think "musical" is becoming an excuse for "restricted". If it doesn't measure right or is crippled or severely limited, it becomes "musical".

Lowthers can't play Megadeth and Beethoven Symphonies so simple speakers can play simple music. Anyone disagree?

Active speakers the real modern answer to the problem eliminate all the problems, no energy storing crossover, phase corrected, excellent power handling,newer ones have room correction and I have to tell you that The Blue Sky System One package is downright impressive from 20-20 at nearly +/- 2 dB and they have an excellent impulse response. No amplifier or preamp needed.
$1895 that's the reason I'm a dealer....oh yeah they sound really good too :)

So spend the extra cash on a super CD player,
CS, yes I disagree. Beethoven symphonies, as well a Wagner, etc, are played daily on my LOWTHERS(with no subwoofers), from a RECORD PLAYER.
I wouldn't play Megadeth, so I don't know about that. How about Blue Oyster Cult? They play that quite well.

And BTW, single-driver speakers are "active speakers", being directly driven by the amps, with no intervening passive crossovers. They just don't have the amps inside the speaker cabinets.

There was a lot right about what was used in the early days of the pre-WW2 era. This is why some of the highest end products are still using some of this technology(and expanding upon it).

But that's mostly for us record playing, tube amp owning old farts who don't watch TV while we're listening to music.
what about source technology louspeakers or the $595 morels they are blowing out? i have not heard either, but these are possibilities. anyone heard either?

i have heard the as-f1 speakers from athena, and they did not bowl me over. but the cd player and the amp were not very good so maybe this is not fair. i have heard perfectly good speakers sound awful because of a bad room, bad source, and a mediocre amp.

the av-3 kit from GR Research will make a very smooth classy sound if you have woodworking skills. about $350

a real bargain? a fedex box with sonic impact soundpads glued on. about $40
:) I was just pulling your chains a little, but I think we all can agree that Lowthers are an aquired taste.

Having heard probably 30+ Lowther DIY systems at various DIY meets and a few at show I can honestly say that consistency amongst different lowther designs is at best erratic.

But I will stick by my premise that Lowthers are limited when compared to other designs on larger scale music, they are fast to rise and slow to stop and music like Megadeth, distortion harmonics and dynamic bass and orchestras sound congestested an congealed versus multi element designs.

Now let follow up and say that since the lowther sound in my experience starts at pitiful and climbs to very good, you may be the curve breaker and have an excellent system that supercedes the systems I have experienced. Like I said for a single driver the lack of consistency in sound amongst different designs is dumbfounding to me.