Gallo reference /TAS vs Me

I spent a fair amount of time listening to the new reference speakers from Gallo a few months ago and dismissed them as closed in-particularly in the mids- and opaque in the soundstage and generally disapointing. Now TAS puts out a review which goes against everything I heard. Am I losing my hearing or are TAS and I listening to two different speakers? FYI the dealer used Musical Fidelity electronics with the Gallos and I listen with Maggie 3.5s and BAT electronics.
banksfriend
Romad,

How did you like them with the VAC 30/30? Was 32 watts enough to drive them effectively? If so, I'd bet that was a fantastic combination.

Jeff
There's a new review at 6moons with the SA amp:

http://6moons.com/audioreviews/gallo3/followup.html
Well, we can read reviews all we want, but if things don't sound right to our ears, they simply don't. Should we second guess ourselves based on reading different good reviews from others with different preferences? Do we have to conform? Guess that's the fun part of this hobby.
Jeffreyds,

I really liked them (mine are on order) I thought that the 30/30 did a pretty good job although my friend thought they could use a little more power. The dealer was playing them rather loud though. I would be happy with that set up. I think these speakers will be a classic someday.
After reading the new 6moons review, I'm happy I got the Hsu 500w subwoofer amp instead of waiting for the Gallo sub amp (and saved $200 in the bargain). Also, I much prefer the Ref 3s' woofers facing in rather than out. Note that in the 6moons review photo, he has the woofers driving directly into racks of CDs that are very close to the Gallos. I experienced the same relatively weak bass (without the sub amp) when my woofers faced out.