Who makes a "true" Transmission Line speaker?...

Who makes a "true" Transmission Line speaker that displays some of the advantageous characteristics described in the previous threads regarding ported vs sealed vs TL? Does anyone make a true TL for under $10K? Who makes the best TL in your opinion and why?
128x128dawgbyte
I have chanced across a couple of mini-reviews during my outings at the bookstore. General impression was favorable. Have to admit I am out of my depth when it comes to TL etc, so will stop here.
In terms of the sound, what distinguishes a TL from other designs? Do they throw a more halographic soundstage? Are they extremely transparent and open with lots of air around the instruments? Can the listener typically identify instrument positio with TL's? Are the benefits of a TL only realized by a small sweet spot, or do they have a forgiving or roomy sweet spot. Are TL's more dynamic with a heavier bass sound than other designs?
I ran across these in the for sale section http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1101500158

I listened to some IMF's at a shop in Sagnaw Michigan years ago...stunning bass quality and over-all one of the best speakers I had ever listened to at the time (another being an old pair of linn (Isobaric?) not sure of spelling.

Follow the info. link on this old pair and you can read the lit. from that time.

Note; I do not know this seller and only refer the link info.

Dave
Hi Trelja,

I’m thinking of buying Von Schweikert VR-4jr speaker. What attributes you didn’t like about the VR-4jr sound? Please explain your findings to help me make a better purchasing decision.

Best regards,
Alex_G
This may be irrelevant because They are so old, and apparently scarce . . .
I have a pair of Infinity Monitor IIa speakers that I bought in 1974/5. They are described in the user manual as Transmission line and go on to elaborate on the spec's (ie the length of the line). They listed in 1975 for $700. The published frequency response is 22Hz - 27kHz +/- 3dB. Regardless of whether they really do 22 Hz at -3dB, the bass I hear is wonderful. They are a 4-way design - the super tweeter is an inverted cone Walsh tweeter. I still love to listen to them. I switch between them and my Totem Sttafs. They don't image as quite nicely as the Totems, and the upper bass isn't as well defined, but I get that good, deep, and natural bass with them that works better on a lot of music.

I'd like to have another pair for my home theater . . . but haven't found anyone else that has a set, much less one they are willing to part with.