MG 20.1 or Wisdom audio m-75

Love the planar sound,would like some authority dynamicly with the speakers I decide to purchase, 14'by 33'by 8' Bryston 14b for bass,Sim w6's for mid and high. What would you choose when wife gives you the thumbs up for either one? What are the strong and weak points of these two systems ?
shaman
Tpsonic, Sound Lab builds proper crates for all of their products, as they don't care to have them come back broken. Their backplates are designed to fit into the rear frames or enclosures without charged components being exposed - it is something they cannot risk. Likewise, there would not be a risk of shock even with the Ultimates which employ tubular steel frames for increased rigidity when the backplates are installed per factory instructions. As for arcing panels, although this rarely occurs, I don't see why this would be a factor, as they are not electrically attached to the frames...I should know, I am a Sound Lab dealer and own Ultimate-1s. You might discuss such concerns with the good folks at Sound Lab before making such statements, as they really do care and always try to do the right thing. Sound Lab has been successfully making their electrostatic loudspeakers for twenty five years and has diligently dealt with all aspects of their products, and they continue to service virtually every model made. Since the mid 80s they have made evolutionary updates to their full range electrostatics, conservatively employing new technologies and materials only after exhaustive in house testing. The results speak for themselves.

Brian
Tireguy:

Do you own 20.1s, and have you compared a modified vs unmodified version?
I do not own the speakers but have listened to them stock more then a few times. Gladstone has the 20.1's with a very similar system to mine and has upgraded them- his comparison of the speaker stock vs. modified was EXACTLY what I have experienced with my modified 3.6's. In fact my modified 3.6's outperform the 20.1's I've heard in every area, the only thing that is close is dynamics in the lower octaves and that very easily could have been the room or more then likely the push pull driver on the bass.
Hey Tireguy, I sure as hell would love to have a pair of the 20s so I could be part of this do I or don't I modify delema!! I could probably suffer through listening to them stock while I saved up for the mods. The way I figure it, if you gonna plop down 15 big ones for the speaks, then the mod should be a no brainer!!
I have a pair of the Wisdom M-50 and am planning to upgrade to the M-75 model soon. I cannot attest to the MG 20.1, because I never heard them. Having listened to my Wisdoms for approx. 6 years they are probably one of the most neutral and revealing speakers I have experienced. The active brain (crossover) allows you to custom tune the system to your room. Yes, you can do the acoustical traps rounte but my wife did not want all those "pillows" placed stratigically all around the room, no matter what they did! (And no,she is not unreasonable, I believe she has as much say as I do) I made more sense to me that the system can be tuned to the room rather than the room tunes to the system. Another aspect is do you have children or pets, the M-75 would be more environmental friendly to them as well as easier to clean. If you have a dedicated listening room that you can lock up, disregard the last sentence.
If you do decide to purchase the M-75, Wisdom Audio provides initial setup for new purchases and you can fine tune it to your own listening pleasure.
Choosing speakers is not an easy decision, but it can be fun. Enjoy!