Speakers using ceramic drivers....differences?

I have primarily VAC amplification.
I'm trying to determine the sonic differences in the most popular lines using ceramic drivers
(Kharma, LumenWhite, Avalon, Marten Design, Usher Audio, Venture Audio)
I tend to migrate to the sound of the Acuton midrange clarity and dynamics. I have heard Kharma and Lumen White, both excellent ; any experience out there with Usher Audio (significantly less expensive..AC-10/20) and Marten Design?
Thanks..Brian
audiobrian
I have been fascinated with the new Marten Coltrane for some time. I checked the specifications and using a simple math formula the twin 9 inch woofers in the Marten are 509 square inch drive area compared to 530 square inch drive area for the Kharma Exquisite 1D's single 13 inch Nomex-Kevlar sandwich.

Factor in that the woofers in the Marten are by Accuton and made of the same ceramic as their 4 inch midrange, the Marten has the potential to produce faster more coherent integration between bass, mid bass and mid frequencies.

Both systems (Kharma Exquisite and Marten Coltrane) use Accuton diamond tweeter. The Kharma uses a 1 inch Accuton diamond and the Coltrane uses the 3/4 inch Accuton diamond.

Both systems claim bandwidth from 20 to 100,000K, plus or minus 2 DB. We all know specs mean nothing, so tomorrow night I (finally) get to hear a pair of Kharma Exquisite 1D's on a system with IDENTICAL components as mine. (Yes I'm partially responsible for that :^)

I plan to fly to California and listen to the Coltrane this summer if my work goes well. If I can't afford the trip I will have to wait for an audio show.

The main reason I am interested in the Coltrane is price. $50K is indeed expensive, but the Kharma is $120K, so if they are even close, it's no contest because of the price difference.

Last thing, the Coltrane's are 448 pounds lighter (per cabinet!!) Due to a new carbon fiber construction technique.

Perhaps the greater mass of the Kharma works an advantage and perhaps not. I plan on listening to both and try to dismiss the price difference when judging.
Albert,
You like these drivers?
I have heard some of the, for want of a better word, exotica, but find myself gravitating back to the 'natural' products, except for my SL.
The magnesium drivers are very good, but have a 'sound' in some of the applications that I have heard.
Best
I have heard excellent mids and highs from the diamond tweeter in the Kharma, Marten and Avalon Eidolon. The mids in the Kharma are very clean and disperse almost equal to Soundlab, so there are some things they do that are excellent.

My problem will be if they do great mids and highs but won't do bass. Overall tonal balance is as important as resolution to me. That's why I always defend Vandy's, they get the tonal balance right even though not the highest resolution speaker out there.

I will likely never part with my Soundlabs. Considering they have been my reference for 15 years. However, I always play "what if" and look at each new offering (especially cone speakers) as a potential replacement.