Eggleston Andra to Andra II Upgrade?

Anybody have any experience with the older version Andra as well as the newer Andra II. Eggleston has an upgrade program and I was wondering if the difference was worth the effort...not to mention the expense. I've had my Andras for a few years now and have been quite satisfied...but you know the deal. You always want it to be more betterer...even when it's pretty damn good already.
sg69
I am myself owning a pair of Andras. Did you upgrade yours to the 2 ? What do you have as preamp + amps because the Andras speakers need a lot of power ? I have myself Pass Labs Aleph 1.2 monoblocks + Conrad Premier 14 but I am not satisfied entirely !!

Thanks in advance

Gilles
Gandrier: Yes, I upgraded to the II's. II's need much less power than I's, but I have McIntosh MC-501's, which will drive anything within reason. Preamp is a Rowland Synergy IIi.
One thing to consider is the upgraded speakers retain the Andra I's single binding posts rather than the dual posts that come standard on new Andra II's.

I was unaware of this when I bought a used pair of upgraded Andra II's and was surprised I couldn't bi-wire them as I'd originally planned.

They sound wonderful anyway, so it's no big deal.
Actually, Gary, Eggleston gives you your choice when you upgrade for no extra charge. I asked for bi-wire terminals and got them.
I owned Andras orginal version some years back, great speaker, lots of detail, energy and high POO ratio.

I upgraded my current Avalon Eclipse Classic with new tweeter drivers and improved a lot. This should be the case with the II upgrade for the Andras.

Fernando