GMA Europa owners, what amps do you use?

I am in the process of evaluating the Europas with a 45 Watt tube amp and a pair of solid state monos. After preliminary comparisons, I can see strengths of both approaches. I am wondering what other GMA owners are using to power their speakers.
128x128tcbannon
Tcbannon-
Let me know what amp you settle with, and why, someday- thanks.
Sounds like you are listening for all the important things.
Best,
Roy
I would like to report excellent results using all Musical Fidelity SS system......amp used is A3.2cr rated 130 watts.
I also use HSU VTF3 MkII sub with Europas.

I currently own several very good pairs of @$1,000 monitors
and what I like most about GMA Europas is they have very balanced natural yet detailed sound which sounds very good on a wide range of real world music.....not just a handful of booring audiophile recording (we all know what they are)
Also soundstaging is close to the best available at this price level.

Some speakers I own are better in certain areas (Von Schweikert VR1 has more vivid detailed treble for instance)
and Europas do not have elegant appearance like others, but as far as overall sound quality and ability to play average recordings (rock) very well I think GMA Europa is as good as any $1,000 monitor I have owned. (we are only talking 5-6 top rated @$1,000 models here)

Also I wish people would tone down the "hype" a bit and only report what they have direct first hand experience with and not make exaggerated general statements about these vs other much more expensive speakers.

One other comment I prefer the Europas on upturned cones on speaker stand, instead of cones I use brass capnuts with dome top turned up into speaker bottom. Some pictures can be seen in system 1.
Right now am using the Europas with a Rotel 1065 receiver. I think it is 120 Watts. In a couple of weeks I am getting the Spectron Musician III for my main system so I will be pairing a modded PS Audio HCA-2 with the Europas. Anyone else experience their Europas actaully getting a lot better between the 500 hour mark and beyond? I guess breakin is a lot longer than 200 hours.
Will do Roy. Right now I am auditioning a pair of Khartago mono's from Odyssey Audio. Here are the specs:

150 watts into 8 Ohms class A/AB
300+ VA single toroidal transformer per channel
120,000 uF capacitance
>100 amps current RMS
Damping Factor >800 continuous @ 8 ohms

These amps sound nice with just a few weeks on them. They really can deliver power when needed. I became a little suspicious of my present tube amp (45 watt) when I started listening to more rock than soft jazz. Plus, I am going to move my setup from a 16'x12' room with 8' ceilings to a 18'x24' room with 11' ceilings and listening at around 10' away. I think I will need more power than the tubes could provide. The Europas still sound great. Still the best deal in speakers around.
Well, I will shortly be using the AES Six Pacs with the Europa's, will let you know how they work.

Regards,