Von Schweikert VR-4,Jr.

Was anyone else as impressed by these speakers at HE 2004 as I was? I thought their performance was stupendous, and can only wonder what the bigger models sound like.
gladstone
Rodney. You answered your own question. Yes mids will become more fluid, bass less bloated more extended. highs less bright. You will start noticing better sound mostly at about 100 hours on. But to reach their prime a minimum of 200 hours but probably more.

Good info on your post about China USA issues people are having.

Rob
Abruce, Utilizing at least 25 lbs of lead is a must in this speaker.

You're welcome hear the VR-4jr at my place. They do not sound bloated. I'm utilizing 50 lbs in each and driving them with tube electronics.

I'm the other VSA dealer and in the N/W suburbs.
Abruce, I too have been to Decibel Audio. The high ceilings, front windows, and brick walls, and road noise make listening there a waste of time. I know that they allow in-home auditions. if you are in the city, I would give that a try. Otherwise, see if Audio Buff will lend you a pair.
Thanks for everyones help, I drove five hours to hear these, then I find out there's another dealer in town.
Von S only told me about Decibel Audio, darn another road trip to the windy city
Rob,Thanks for the comments...back to the break in disk and out of phase wiring! 140 hours to go!

P.S- correction on my last post. My speaker cables ar Mapleshade Golden Helix Shotguns
Thanks,
Rodney