klipsch horns

I have a pair of klipsch corner horns and heard they sound best with tube amps, I was wondering what amp sounded best and is reasonably priced?
momofdom2
I would suggest looking at Sunfire amps. I'm powering my Klipsch KLF-20's with a Sunfire amp (225watts) and they absolutely sing. I was using an Adcom amp prior to that and it just didn't provide the dynamics that these speakers are capable of. I also switched out my Monster IC's and speaker cable for some RSA Poeima IC's and VooDoo Reference Bi-Wire speaker cable.

Mike
Vman, Adcom is the absolute worst amp choice for Klipsch, Sunfire is much better, tube is what he needs, the 2a3 or 300b,or 45, any experienced Klipsch owner will usually end up with one of these [flea] set amps, try one, youll see.
Radiob,

Thanks for the info. I will eventually goto a tube amp but for right now, the Sunfire amp is going to have to do the job. The Sunfire amp does have hook-ups for "voltage source" and "current source". According to the Sunfire manual, you want to use "current source" because it's closer to a tube amp sound. I've tried both "voltage" and "current" and can't really tell to much of a difference.

Mike
momofdom2,i just bought a mcintosh mc2102 tube amp & tried it on the k-horns, at lower volume levels it out performs all my solid state amps but when driven it falls off.

the best i have found at this point is to biamp them.

solid state on bottom & tubes on top,this is what im doing at the present & the k-horns are a much more dynamic speaker beacuse of it.

mike.
The Rotel RB-1090 goes wonderful with the Klipschorn as well. Very tube like warmth.