Vandersteen Quatro speaker - link to info

Shortly after the CES, there were several posts here about Vandersteen's new speaker, the Quatro, which is positioned in the model lineup between the Model 5 and the 3A Signature. I don't know if anyone has posted a link to information about this speaker, but I noticed this evening that the Vandersteen web site now has a description of the new model. For those who are interested, here's the link to the Quatro page:
http://www.vandersteen.com/pages/quatro.htm
sdcampbell
"Sdcampbell (My IDOL)":

Just checked the link out just now, and what all I want to know now is:

(01). When is Richard Vandersteen going to start shipping them????

(02). How much are they going to cost????

(03). Are you thinking about getting a pair for yourself????

I'll be happy just to get my a pair of 2Ce's sometime in my lifetime. What do you think about the 2Ce??? I don't never hear you talk about them all that much. With the living quarters that I have now, they are my most favorite speaker in the whole line. Now, when I finally get bigger quarters, I'll start looking seriously at the 3A Signatures then.

--Charles--
1. Should be shipping to dealers this month (March 2004)
2. They will cost approximatley $6,500
I'm a bit upset this speaker seems to be nothing more than a scaled down (size) version of 3Asigs + 2wq's.

You lose two 8" base drivers and gain room correction. Sure its a compact package but I was honestly hoping this speaker would bridge the performance gap between 5's and 3Asigs+subs. A gap which I consider to be rather large. With Richard suggesting Bsal should just add subs to his 3Asigs this leads me to believe there is no performance increase with the Quatro outside of the compact package.

The jury is still out so who knows! I still want to hear them of course.
I was at CES and spoke with Richard. I came away with the understanding that the quatro is an attempt to reach a broader faction of audiophiles due to an increased WAF. It will not outperform 3A Sigs and 2WQ's, but has a purpose for the Vandersteen supporter who does not have an understanding wife :-) It looks real nice and can be used in smaller rooms due to its scaled down size. As for the sound, it has the 3A sig stamp!