Monitor Audio GR60 vs B&W

I am looking to upgrade my speakers pretty soon. I have honed in on the Monitor Audio GR60 and B&W 804, 803, or 704. I have heard the GR60's which seem comparable to the B&W 704 but I have not heard 803's yet. Anyone have experience with the MA's or 803's? I will also likely get the matching center and surrounds at the same time. The application is 70% music/30% HT, Sunfire Ultimate Receiver. Any suggestions or input is greatly appreciated.
maineiac
5.1 SACD's are designed to have all (except the .1) the speakers to be the same.
I expect to be listening to a lot of 5.1 SACD, and I think that is the rationale for the 5 GR60's, but I don't have either the budget nor the space to really consider that as an option.
I use my 5.1 system for movies only. When I listen to SACD, I use two channels. Every 5.1 SACD also has a two channel layer. So, unless you are sold on 5.1 for music listening, there is no reason that you *have* to
have a 5.1 system for SACD. If you want to get your feet wet in 5.1 for
music and home theatre -- get the GR10's for your rear channel. You will be fine.
Maineiac,

I thought I might have something to offer here. My HT setup speaker-wise, utilizes MA Silver s10's for the mains, S2's for the rears and Silver LCR for center. It's great for movies and multi-channel. Bruno at Kevro International (MA distributor) is a very friendly and helpful guy if you have any questions. I was considering GR 10's at one point, and although they possess better crossovers and slightly better drivers, he admitted in several blind tests that 98% of serious listeners could not discern differences btween the S2 and GR10. If it was me, and I wasn't concentraing on 2 channel but rather multi-channel music and movies, I'd go with (3) Silver S10's up front with Silver S8's for the rears.

Good luck!

Tim
There *is* a schoolof thought which holds that the GR10's are overkill for rear surrounds. If you go with that school of thought, then GR60's for
rear surrounds would be...well...even more overkill -- say....overkill times two.