Best $1k pair of floor standing speakers?

I know, I know, not another best of thread.
But here goes...
I can pick up a brand new pair of KEF Q7's for a little less than a grand.
I've heard them, liked them very much, but I'd like to check out a few others.
Any suggestions?

Regards,
geoh
What about some Soliloquy 5.3s. Retail for 2200.00 can be had for $990.00 new. I don't think the best exists but these are darn good. It was a Class B recommended speaker by Stereophile.
If you're looking at new speakers, I would recommend you check out Energy loudspeakers as well. I'm very impressed by their C-1 and XL-15 bookshelf speakers. They made floorstanding versions of both these lines. Haven't heard the Q-7's, but they seem to be a very handsome spk. Good Luck!
If you had the room, the amplifier power, and the aestetic willingness, I think the best speaker you can buy for around $1000 is a pair of used Magnepan 1.6QRs. I haven't heard a speaker for less than ~$3000-$4000 that I prefer more. It has beautiful top-to-bottom coherence, good dynamics, great micro and macro details. It is a little soft at the very top of the frequency range, particularly when compared to Magnepan's true ribbon designs (the 1.6 uses a quasi-ribbon design) and its bass is wonderful as far down as it goes (~35Hz, depending on the room), although it sounds (or should I say feels) different than the bass coming out of typical box speakers. It is a sure classic and one of, if not the most affordable truly "musical" speaker ever made. I respect people who are not Maggie fans, but I have to admit I don't understand them. . .