Are Von Schweikert VR-2s worth auditioning?

I'm considering The VR-2s as a replacement for my Totem Arros. I listen to a lot of electronic music, Oakenfold and the like. I've read good reviews on these and they fit my budget at $2,500. I'm not willing to spend 2 or 3 times more. Problem is, I would have to travel to audition them.
Does anybody out there who owns these listen to my kind of music? Or do you have any thoughts on whether or not I'd be wasting my time? I'm looking for a speaker with excellent overall presentation, including nice tight and clean bass response, but not bass heavy. For obvious size limitations, the Arros just didn't cut it.
david_cordner
I'll probably get some nasty comments, but I would purchase any Von Schweikert speaker that fit my budget - even without having first auditioned them. I think the VS speakers are that good.

I would also consider a used pair of Aerial Acoustics 7b's that normally sell for around the same price as a new pr of the Vr2's.

I listen to mostly Classic Rock.
Post removed 
I have been breaking in a pair of VR2s since just before Thanksgiving. I am going to begin concentrated critical listening today or tomorrow. So far, from casual listening, they are fantastic. I thought they blew away a pair of Maggies I listen to, and I am going to compare them to some Martin Logans. They are very transparant, detailed, and sweet sounding. I will report more when I have finished spending some concentrated time with them.
Post removed 
I'm finding placement challenging. My room does not allow the flexibility I need. I am going to call over to VSA and get them to help me. The VR2s sound great where they are, but I'm not achieving that "floating ball of sound" that Albert talks about. I know they are not properly placed, but the room is full of furniture. It's hard to get them out into the room, away from walls and other wall-like furniture. I'm going to see what I can do, and will post my results, but I may need to accept that while we are renting an apartment that is not big enough for us and all our stuff, we may not be able to aceive ideal placement. In two years, we'll be in a house. It may need to wait.