Wiring a dedicated line

I just put a didicated line in myself for my stereo. The stereo works fine but if I plug an air conditioner into it the fan in the ac unit wont come on but the lights and refridgeration unit do. The fan works in the ac unit when pluged into a different line.

Did I wire it wrong? Is the ac unit getting some power but not enough to run the fan?

I have wired before but never had this problem.

Any help would be great.
perfectimage
This sounds pretty scary. I would have an electrician look at this immediately.

Sorry if my comments seem disrespectful, but this could be a health and safety issue. Much more important than improving your music.
Good advise from Albert...
It sounds like you may the ground(green)/neutral(white) reversed or perhaps the feed(black)/neutral(white)reversed. The former condition would not be good. The outlets are "polarized" and the A/C unit could care very much about the polarity.
I'd go to home depot and buy a curcuit checker (about $10). You plug it in and it confirms yo have the green/white/b;ack all hooked up correctly/
Just as a reference. The Black wire goes to the gold screw, White wire to the silver screw, and Green to the green screw. You would be quite surprised how many do not know this. I have had to correct many unsafe (incorrectly wired) receptacles. If you think thats bad you should see people try to figure out three and fourway switches.
Post removed