Was it worth the effort ? Advice needed...........

I purchased a Sistrum Sub Stand for my Sunfire Sub. The results were utterly astounding. I decided to put Audio Points under the bar stock legs of my Magnepan 1.6's. The removal process and installation of the points went really smooth. Upon assembly one screw from the leg mount swisted off and it will not come out. Kind of cross treaded I guess. With out any warning of a treading problem it just broke off. I put the remainder of the hardware on and set them back up. The sound difference is incredible too. But I noticed that the panel is vibrating from not being secured to the leg structure. So I'm looking for advice as to how to get this broken bolt removed. Help .........please !
zenieth
Sounds like a threaded insert is used and has broken free. Best thing to do is somehow pinch the thread insert in place (so it doesn't rotate) then remove the screw. If you have cross threaded the screw and cannot pinch the thread insert firmly enough you will probably have to perform major surgery by removing the whole insert (could get ugly!). Either way you will have to somehow refasten the threaded insert, perhaps using epoxy. Without pictures it's very difficult to assess, but it sounds like proffesional help could be required to avoid mangling your speaker.
The tread insert is recessed and you can't hold on to it. Maybe a pointed object pushed into the panel beside the insert will help. I have a call into Wendall at Magnepan. I will not attempt anything until I get his thoughts. What a pain in the ***. Something simple turns ugly. I can't win for losing. The forty two inches of snow was bad enough. I was just trying to stay occupied. I should have listened to the rig and not tried to improve it's already awesome sound. Go figure.................I'll keep you posted! Thanks to all of you for your help too!!!!
The service tech Steve at Magnepan is a super individual. He devised a solution to remove the old "T nut" and replace it with a new one that they are sending me. This will require the removal of a few staples so that the sock can be slid up a couple of inches. Then I will have to drill the MDF panel hole to 3/4" from it's existing 3/8". Put the new nut in and remount the leg. However they did offer to do the work for me. They even offered support during the repair if needed. Even if it's after hours!! Dam I wish all companies were like Magnepan. Thanks again for everyone's input and guidance............
Zenieth,

I'm glad you were able to get a solution and good support from Magnepan. The combination of 42 inches of snow and an audio misadventure is certainly and aggravating situation, and hopefully, both of these annoyances will soon be resolved. We had about 20 inches of snow here in NJ over the weekend, and that was more than enough for me. Take care. :)