Suggestions for small bookshelf speakers?

I want to set up a second system for the bedroom. I have to set a size limitation on the speaker of about 8"x10"x12". I also want the speakers to look pretty nice.

I'm new to bookshelf monitors. Off-hand I'm thinking of Totem Model 1's, Meadowlark Swallow or Vireo, Sonus Faber Concertinos, NHT Super One's, etc. I want spacious sound at low to moderate volumes for jazz, blues, vocals and some rock. I welcome any suggestions.

I'm planning on using a tube integrated amp. Budget for the amp and speakers is around $2K. That means a budget int. amp such as Jolida or S.F. leaving about $1300 for speakers or else a better amp such as Rogue or C.J. leaving about $800 for speakers. Any suggestions on how to balance the cost would also be appreciated.

Thanks.

The speakers will be set on a low dresser about 4 ft. apart. The room is alsmost square, 12' by 14'. The speakers wiil be in the center of on of the shorter walls.
pmi_guy
Personal favorite these days is the green mountain audio europa. High build quality, effortless seamless sound, rock solid package - and within your budget. I'm considering them for a second room for myself.
Check out the Kinima G1 from Zetag. Right now you can probably get them for 500bucks or so (google Kinimag1) They have great sound and a finish that is found in more expensive speakers.
As a happy owner of ProAc 1SCs and Tablette 50 Signatures I would definitely recommend them especially if you're looking for small speakers that throw a large, spacious soundstage. When I owned Concertinos I was able to compare them directly to the Tab 50 Sigs and felt the ProAcs won in those categories handily.

Last weekend, I got together with A'Gon member Viggen for an afternoon audition of different equipment. The Tab 50 Sigs sounded very good through his 47 Labs Gaincard amp. We did a temporary trade where I took his Pass Aleph 3 home with me to compare to my Blue Circle BC22. I'm using a Blue Circle BC21 preamp. Through the BC21 the Aleph mates very well with the 1SCs.

The fact that you're leaning towards a tube integrated I feel is another plus for the ProAcs, as they seem to be at their best when tubes are in the path in front of them.