Best mid-size speaker, cost no object

Hello all,

I am looking for some ideas as to the best mid-size speaker available (i.e., < 54" in height and 250 lbs in weight per speaker). In particular, I may be moving to a new, smaller residence in the near future, which would force me to part with my Genesis 300s for something a little more reasonable. So far, I have listened to, or plan to demo, the Avalon Eidolon, Vandersteen 5, and Meadowlark Nightingale. I have also heard good things about the Piega P-10 and Verity Parsifal Encore. Any other suggestions?

Rest of the system (if you are interested):
CAT JL-1s
Silver Rock Pot
Audiocom'ed Sony SCD-1
Dodson 217 MKII D
Verdier/SPJ/Magnum Opus phono
Silversmith cables

Thanks in advance for your comments.
rzado
Definitely try the verity audio's. The Revel Studio's may be slightly over 54" but would also be a contender
I would go for the MBL101D. This speaker can play simply anything, from jazz to rock, you name it.
In addition to the fine lines mentioned thus far I would definitely consider the piega but the p series is no longer being made. You can still get a new p10 on audiogon but I don't think that will last for too much longer. The new c limited series are definitely worth a listen. I have the c8ltd and love them but the c10ltd or c40 are also in your size limit. If you ever have questions I would be happy to help (by the way I have no relation with piega just a happy owner). Good luck
I'm currently listening to Piega C-40s. The break in was lengthy and they need lots of current to really fill a large room, but the sound is really something special. I have never been a ribbon fan, but these are very smooth with incredible detail.

French horn on Fanfare for a common man was in the room. Tower of Power was really rocking the house with completely clear horns and percussion. The percussion on American Beauty Score floated thought the room and the bass was haunting, deep and full. As a former player, I'm very snooty about piano and these are the best speakers for the wide range of overtones and dynamics I've ever heard. A Hammond never sounded better unless I was sitting at it. The bass on Lou Reed's Paranoia in E was full, deep and crisp. Never boomy in my room (32 X 18 with high ceilings). Guitars ring like you are in the studio. These are so good, I'm even listening to some classical just to here the strings!

The cabinets are also beautiful. You should really try to give these an audition.
i will second the previous post by spudco only go a step less expensive and give my vote for the new c-10 ltd piega.it does,imo,everything the c-40 does,perhaps even better bass,but at a price that is much more affordable.i,currently, own piega p-10s' but will be trading up to the c-10 ltds in the spring.they are the best speaker i have ever heard and do not take as long to break in as do the c-40's. they need to be heard if you truely want to hear the best.