Subs for Martin Loagn CLSIIs

Can anyone suggest any good low priced subs that blend nicely with my CLSIIs. I want to run dual subs (one for each speaker). I need something that works well with HT as well as music. About 3/4 of their use is for 2-channel music. Nothing harsh like rap or hard-rock. I wouuld love to get a pair of Kinergetics towers but they are out of my budget. Not to mention that people that have them don't want to get rid of them. Preowned subs are not a problem with me as long as they are in good working order. Right now I am using a Paradigm sub, but only for HT. It can be pretty unbearable when it comes to music. I need something with some more clarity and less boomy.
My room measures 12x18 with the system on the short wall. I use a Chiro reciever, Luxman CD player, and an Empire turntable for my music.
msilin
I also had the CLS2's and my sub did not integrate well at all with them (home built), although it did and continues to do so now. Although I am not sure how well they would integrate with the CLS2's, the ACI Titan II or Force are excellent low budget subs... HSU is also incredible to the bucks... you could start with one and add another when the budget allows...

good luck, Paul
I second Rhyno's suggestion. I've got a pair of Entec LF-30's ( same as Lf-20's except with a 3rd driver in each enclosure.) They are NOT Home theatre Subwoofers - they are audio subs - there IS a big difference to the discerning audionut.
I'm not sure what you mean by low priced, but I have heard many systems using Martin Logan speakers, and subwoofers can be tricky. I would suggest that if you want to run stereo subwoofers, don't buy anything without auditioning the Definitive Technology SuperCube 1. This subwoofer is the first one, out of many more expensive contenders includint the Martin Logan Depth, that blends with my speakers seamlessly. Offerings from Revel and Martin Logan are amazing performers and are flexible in setup, but more $$$.
If you cannot find the SW800 towers (5 10" drivers per speaker) you may be able to find the smaller SW800's (I think these had two of the same 10" SEAS per speaker). The key is getting the SW800C crossover which has software specific to the CLS. The Kinergetics system is the *only* sub system specifically designed for the CLS. The ML Decent and Depth subs are designed for later models (way different animals than the CLS) and really are appropriate for HT use, (even the guys at ML will tell you so).

Contrary to the usual approach of crossing over as low as possible, the Kinregetics/CLS combination is best crossing at 110htz with the 17db Butterworth high & low passes. Using tubes on the panels and ss on the subs sounds best to me. BTW, Tony DiChiro claims that the SW800's, due to their physical configuration and the crossover circuitry, approximated a line source down to 200 cycles when tested. In any event, the mini-Statement confirguration is the best I have heard with the CLS. I'd rather listen sans subs, which while different is quite good, if the SW800's are not an option. So, maybe looking for the smaller SW800's (with stands) is worth a try provided you get the dedicated crossover. The Genesis towers may the best option if you decide to "wing it". Good luck.
This is an area where audition is almost mandatory. I listened to a variety of top-flight subs last year and I was surprised that some of the top ones don't integrate well (or, perhaps, easily) with ML's - and I would think that the CLS would be even more difficult than the hybrids.

In particular I got a real demonstration from an Aerial, which is a terrific sub - but it sounded really terrible when matched with ML Odyssey. I think that something was goofed up in the crossover in this case, but it sure wasn't obvious how to fix it to either me or to the dealer. The respected HGS-18 is also a great sub but it's not fast enough for this application IMHO.

ML has a new less expensive sub out now called the Grotto - their subs are specifically designed to be fast in order to integrate with their fast panels. I've never heard it, though.