Merlin Speaker Placement

Where have you found the best placement for the VSM-M's? How close to the wall can they be placed and do you toe them in at all or keep them parallel to the back wall? The room dimensions are roughly 19 1/2 by 15 1/2. Thanks for any comments.
yag17
No personal offense meant here, or any dirrect criticisms intended, but It never stops amazing me how FEW audio enthusiests and "AUDIOPHILES" alike actually know how to set up speakers in a room! My experiences suggest that only a scant, yes scant few know how to do it right! Amazing...that is interesting ...
Hey...foreverhifi...aren't you supposed to pay Audiogon a fee to advertise yourself on this site??? :-)
I think everyone should try the method of disecting the room into 3rd and 5ths to find the modes. It was in the Sterephile Guide to Home Theater about 2 years ago. I finally got around to trying this last summer and it works amazingly well.
Maybe someone here can link or summarize better than I but basically it puts the speakers and the listeners in the best positions to avoid the rooms interactions. My speakers are actually in the corners of the room, about 6 inches from the backs and sides for my particular room, a placement that just seems wrong. But I can hear things on records that I have never heard before. It really works!