Can I get "Great" used speakers for $1800??

I got only have $1800 to spend on "used mint" speakers. Can I get something "great" for my money??---- something that is musical, accurate, coherent with tight bass and good soundstaging. I see a lot of good stuff on Audiogon for $2800-3000, but just can't hack those prices now. Can I get close to that "performance" level for $1800?? What will be missing?? I listen to lots of classic rock, big band, and jazz. Thanks, Jimbo
sunnyjim
You can get some nice used Maggies for that money, if you have enough amp power to drive them.
Sunnyjim, if you have the room, and the amps, you can't go wrong with Apogee Acoustics speakers. There are a number of models available in your price range, and most of them are mint. You can check out the models and their reviews at this site:

http://www.apogeespeakers.totalserve.co.uk/
There's a lot of excellent speakers out there at that price range, many of which would go with your listening taste. Might be good to let us know which amp you are using, though. Some examples:
Thiel 3.6, B&W 802 matrix,Tylo Ref Monitors, NHT 3.3, Aerial (6 or 7?), Revel Performa 30, Infinity Prelude PFR.

Consider the following only if you have a high power/high current solid state amp: Magnepan 3.3 or 3.5, Dunlavy 4.
Best of luck.