Does the amp wattage make a big difference?

.......on planer or speakers like Infinity RS 1-B's?

I am considering the ARC vt 200MK1. I now have the VT 100 mkll. My listening levels are average and some tell me too low. Is the wattage in the amp truly a major factor in the sound of the speakers??
rwd
~~~~Rwwear,

Would you please elaborate on the vertical bi-amping scheme of the Rs1's. This sounds like it may be very interesting! Thanks.

Just the Facts

By
Use one amp on one speaker and send one channel to the midrange and tweeter and the other to the woofer. do the same for the other speaker. If your preamp has only one pair of outputs you will have to use Y cables. Make sure of course to use one amp for the left preamp out and the other for the right. Your speakers have to have bi-wiring capabilties for this to work.
Can this work with the special Infinity bass crossover??? The bass amp must be hooked to the cerossover and then fed back to the speaker........maybe it would work??

Fbi...can you add some comments?
~~~~This is how I proceed with any amp connection to the Servo/Crossover: connect 1 inline 1 amp fuse (Quick Acting not Slow Blow) to each woofer tower.

If the amp inverts causing full power oscillation, the fuse opens in an instant. Once heard full power output from an amp, 330 w/ch. less than 1 second. This sound was so loud, everyone within 40 feet froze. If one could stand in front of a freight train horn while it was sounding in the listening room, then, one could appreciate the fuse set up! Ever see "Back to the Future" when Michael Fox turns up the huge amp and strums the strings of the guitar. That would be a good comparison.

The woofers were unharmed from the blast, owner had finger on power switch (advise well given by Beemers@ Audiogon). I suggested owner use a fused link next time.

Couldn't see any advantage of vertical biamping, been wrong before though.

Just The Facts

By
The advantage is that you will have more power by using one amp per side. You have twice the power supply. But, I am not sure how to make it work with your setup.