Enacoms for bright speakers?

Love to try them on Thiel speakers:
enacom ad
cdc
Also David Magnan recommends the Enacom a/c device in his interesting article at www.magnan.com, see the "tweaks" section. But I haven't heard it yet.
I remember when I had my Thiel 3.6 back then that the Bybee Ultra speaker filters help with Zing, and I never really knew how well it was helping the system until I took it off line. Not sure about the Enacom but I know the bybees work on that particular situation.
I've never used the Enacomm speaker filters but do have a couple of their AC filters. As such, my comments would be purely speculative in this situation and worth even less than they normally are : ) Sean
>
Dave, your post confuses me. You seem to be suggesting that the Enacoms work just great, and at the same time saying, don't bother, they won't do any good. What am I missing?
Hello Zaikesman,
While I think the Enacoms are an effective enhancement, I think the problem in cdc's system is RFI seeping in and being manifested at the speakers. If you feed your speakers lemons they will play lemonade. I'm not familiar with the Thiels but I don't think they are overly bright so something must be aggravating this condition. The Enacoms perform as advertised but have a very subtle action. They should be used more as an enhancement than as a repair or a bandaid. Its funny how some of these tweeks or enhancements work. Sometimes a superior system will have better success with a tweek or enhancement and those with lesser systems will not realize the benefit. Systems that are not highly resolving may not see any gain from this particular tweek. So my point is that as effective as the Enacom might be I think there is a bigger road block in cdc's system that will nullify the effects of the Enacom.
If he were to eliminate as what I'm guessing is (infiltrating RFI) by say, up grading to a better power conditioner or premium cables and say we eliminated some of the brightness due from the RFI that I believe is aggravating the situation, the Enacoms may help take the system up another notch. Hope this clarifies my earlier post and let me know if there are any other questions on this that I have not been clear on.
I'm fortunate enough to read the forum here at least 6 times a day. I'm quite familiar with who the Z-man is and his contributions. I just hope that I can add something of value like the rest of you guys.
Thanks for listening,
Dave & Gloria
davehrab
P.S. which one of you guys told the guy with the smoking transformer that "they put the smoke in at the factory and he shouldn't let it out", You guys are a rush!