What's the best dirt bag speaker you have heard?

My minimalist side expects speakers that cost thousands of dollars to sound great. When I find something at throw away prices that exceeds my expectations I am inordinately delighted. I recently put a little system together for our cabin. The goal was that if the system was ripped off in our absence it wouldn't be a great loss. The only store in town was Radio Shack. They were closing out these RCA units with weird bi-direction tweeters. They sounded pretty good so I bought them for $40.00 apiece. Having listened to them for awhile now (with a sub-woofer) I am going to feel bad if they turn up missing next year.
stevemj
Has anyone out there heard the BIC Venturi speakers modified by Ed Frias at EFE Technology? You can buy the speakers for around $120 or so and the mod costs around $35, if you pull the crossover out yourself and send it to them. This may be a little pricy for a dirt bag speaker, but the user comments on these things are impressive. I haven't heard these things but was thinking about them for a 2nd system.
Paul: Could be, pretty sure that his last name started with a "B" (still thought that he was a great speaker though).
Paul: This has become my standard post to "best" speaker threads (but of course I don't own Harbeths:-). I saw the Quail/Benson (sp) debate on a huge projection screen @ a car dealership (just happened to be there @ the time) and have never been able to forget it. I actually felt sorry for bird/brain.
Hey Dekay, that's kinda the way I felt for Shrub whenever he had to debate anything, but look where that (not to mention Al & Bill) got me - now I feel that way for us all!