Quad 988 / 989 reliability ??

It's well known that the old Quads (57 and 63) had some reliability problems, and that repairing them can be expensive. Is there enough data our there on the 988 / 989 to say anything about their robustness and reliability ? Have any of the 988 / 989 users who are reading this had any problems ?
mbonn
Steve, I'll grant you that I'm more than a tad emotional regarding this question. However there is no doubt, that we both love the way these transducers make the music sing. Cheers,
The question here is about reliability. I am giving a straight answer as to our experiences. No attack is being made on anyone and QS&D is a quality service center to maintain all Quad speakers.I'm glad your experience is a positive one. That's what this hobby is all about.
In responce to Mbonn. The cost of shipping ,to replace parts and to handle all the logistics was completely on our dollar. IAG did stand behind it's warrenty but left the cost of these other items up to us. We shipped all speakers on palette truck freight to avoid complications so the cost of this alone was substaintial. Ship to the customer,from the customer,to the service center, replace to the customer. If it happens at a 5% rate this is the industry standard but at much higher numbers, and Quad is not the only product this can happen with, it becomes a nightmare. With the large base of friends and customers we have,23+ years and somewhere around 15,000 ,the numbers become staggering and must be closely managed.
Thank God I didn't read all of this before I bought my 988s ! Maybe I am one of the "lucky" ones or maybe it is too early to call. I have owned my 988s for six months now and every night I go to heaven when I sit to listen to my music.
The 988s have rewarded me we better sound every time that an improvement is made in the rest of the system (ac power cords,interconnects, speaker wyres, pre amp etc...)

Prior to the 988s I used to have 63s and InnerSound.
and by the way QS&D, when I needed them, are great people to deal with. Should something go wrong I have comfort that the service will come trough.
(I am not in any way related to QS&D and I live in another state.)
Lucky you Manati and yes, when they work, they are wonderful transducers and hard to beat. By the way, I've found a way to stop the clicking and bubbling, ticking etc in my 989s by raising the humidity in the music room. As simple as that.
Cheers,