Bose makes more than speakers...

I got a newspaper clipping which says that Bose makes more than speakers. They included a list (I don't know if it's everything Bose makes). I thought it was interesting, so I decided that I'd post it.

1. Military jet alternators
2. Nuclear generator control systems.
3. Space shuttle's audio system.
4. Noise-reducing crewman helmet for tank drivers.

They have also experimented with cold fusion.
jc2000
I agree Ljgj. I felt bad. I am not like that usually. But here is more to the story. Jamey at Paris Audio in LA sent me to the dealer to listen the compact subwoofer (bose) 911 had near center pod that was my requirement. While setting up the appointment Jamey left the speakerphone on and the dealer (apparently friends with Jamey) blurted out ' No broblem send him in, We won't tell him how bad it sounds" How is that for deception?
I know how to put Bose to the test. All you have to do is wear their noise cancelling pilots heaphones while playing music through their speakers. - If you can't hear anything then you know all assumptions are correct - their speakers really do suck and their noise cancelling technology is really something special. If we are lucky maybe the cancellation effects will cause a slight tremor and Bose will cancel itself entirely out of existence. Thay way we can all rejoice and finally relax, never having to worry that we may be invited to our boss's house for dinner, or our girlfriends' or wives parents', who just bought a new 'hi-end' system that they want to show us because they know we are into audio. (this has happened to me - I just nodded and smiled). We can only hope...
For whatever reason or reasons Bose is a successful company. Now let us all get over it.
Tibina, your right, Bose is successful. But so is walmart and all they sell is cheap plastic crap.