Avalon Sentinel

Have you seen that a set these are for sall on A'gon.
I guess someone is letting go of best you can get!!
ulrikgm
I suspect that the new Eidolon Diamond challenges the performance of the Sentinel at a much lower price. I know Avalon is installing the new Accuton diamond diaphagm tweeter in new Sentinels. In comparison to the Eidolon though, the Eidolon Diamond has many more changes than simply a new tweeter- it really is an entirely different product. The only commonality between the two speakers is the midrange driver. I'm not sure if Avalon is doing any wholesale reengineering of the Sentinel beyond the tweeter upgrade.
Why did they nix the Osiris speaker? The Osiris seems ultra versatile in that it requires an outboard crossover allowing one to use up to 5 stero amps to run them. Now they have the Sentinal that uses a proprietary sub amp that comes with the system. The system is no longer even bi-wireable. This seems to limit its versatility, but is still a kilobuck speaker. Any feedback?
Linkster: You certainly are not serious. If so, that would definitely be one of the most ludicrous things I have ever heard.