What is the best amp setup for Magnepan 3.6 ?

I am the proud owner of Maggie 3.6's currenty getting juice from a Rotel amp and preamp. I am considering some offerings from Odyssey, Monarchy and McCormack. Since the first two offer both stereo and mono versions, which would be a better setup? Would bi-amping give better results than running them mono? If bi-amping is the better choice, can you use two stereo amps or do you always have to use four amps? Did I mention a suitable preamp as well? 5k budget. Thanks.
ebonyvette
What kind of music do you listen to? At what volume?? What qualities or musical characteristics do you like to hear??? What do you value most in musical presentation??

The answer to those questions will dictate which direction to go. Maggies need lots of juice to come alive. That usually means solid state as tube juice can get expensive (though within your budget) Audio Research amps are often paired with Maggies as well as Bryston and Classe's in the SS department. I have used both with my 2.7's with very satisfying results. I use a tube pre. (ARC)

Tubes are often used to keep their fast and detailed presentation from becoming too foreward. SS state is often used to help tighten and control the bass, but if that's not your thing.... then....
I have the Maggie 2.7R and currently using an Ayre V3 power amp. Considering getting another one to bi-amp the setup. This does a real nice job on the highs (really sweet sounding) without any harshness and gets the bottom end to be a little more pronounced. Although, I don't listen to much hard rock so that may not be a fair assessment. When I bought the Ayre, I tried it, Bryston, and Mark Levinson (not sure what model) on the 3.6's. The Ayre provided a sweetness that had a good goose bump factor :). Hope you can get a chance to listen to this combo.
PLINIUS....SA100MKIII. Almost unbeatable as far as solid state goes. They can be had for around $1800-2200 in mint condition.
Thanks a lot to everyone for the informative responses. To answer you question Fzxguy, I listen to contemporary and old school jazz, acoustical, and almost any great vocalist or for that matter, any great recording.
I listen at moderate volume, unless I want to feel like I am at a concert then I crank it up.
I like music to sound like music, especially timbre, and realistic midrange. I will not go as far to say that I am a tube or solid state guy. However, The best system I've heard to date consisted of Martin Logan CLS 2, Kinergetic subs, Theta, and Audio Research front end. That was 10 years ago. Since then, I've listened to an all digital Meridian system and some others, but I still like the ML setup better. I am a sucker for a great midrange. I have the utmost respect for Mark Levinson and his products and B&w, but I recently listened to the highly acclaimed Revel F-30's, and some B&W 801's and I thought that something was wrong with me. How could the 4k Maggies sound more realistic, at least to me than both of these speakers? Both were mated with Levinson gear.

Observations like this is why I posted my question in the first place. I am not an expert in home audio as most of you guys/gals are. My background started managing a high-end car audio shop where in most cases if you combined top flight equipment you would always get great results. It is so much different with home audio. There is so much to be said about Synergy and how it applies to high end audio
I am using two pair of Transcendent T8 OTL Monoblocks in a passive biamp arrangement. Plenty of power in a 20x30 room. The best I have heard in my home. The Joule Electra LA-100 Mark III pre-amp, with Purist Audio Silver wiring, really adds the finishing touch.