Great sound at high volume

I am looking for speakers that can deliver great sound at very high volume without being damaged. Any suggestions.
csericks
if you want to crank it up and do not care how much they cost . jm lab utopias and grands. if you are on a budjet try some jbl studio moniters.sr jbls as well. i run the sr 4732s and a 4719 sub in my theater. if you want it louder than that then you will need earplugs.
Dear Cserick, Great sound is I what love, GARRET! Volume is too die for. Most towers speaker with multi-drivers 12" inch or more will fit fine. One pair ... will make you wanting for two pairs..... 'as for three pairs ????' I'm afraid you'll overdose on the music. Two bookshelf can give,subpurb transparency, detail, picture, etc.sound.....'with no doubt'.....possible as real as is can get. But.... for folk Iike you and I it's just not enough. Focus on a powerful Class-A solid state amp. Concentrate on setup, speaker positioning and proper cable wiring. Buying better and expensive speaker may not give you want you want. Keep in mind, the law of psychic for AC power....if you want power and picture sound coming out your speaker, you must have power from the wall. Alone, with power in your wall and in your amp's will make tower speaker, SPEAKING. Keeping at 8 ohm or more is a must. You'll have a smoother sound even at unbelievably high dB's. After all is sad and done, the only problem you might face is not wanting to leave the room.
REC amps:krell, Mark Levinson, best dollar for every watts
Speakers- Does really matter.
I once inadvertently sent Richard Strauss with the full force of a Belles 350A into my Utopias. A jerk house guest had been twisting knobs and turned the volume all the way up while the system was off. I turned on the power conditioner which activated the preamp and the tuner (from whence emanated the Feierlicher Einzug). Twenty seconds later, while I was in the kitchen, the amp kicked in.

The sound was so loud that I had to hold my hands over my ears while I ran to the rack to shut it down. My neighbor came running out thinking (he said) that there had been an explosion or a plane crash.

The speakers were not damaged at all but my nerves sure were. So.....if you want a fine system that can play loud, I can testify to JMLabs.

That being said, at extreme volume the human hearing mechanism overloads and introduces its own distortion so when you get past a certain point, it matters little how the speaker sounds. Just grab some JBLs or Cerwin Vegas and save your money for concert tickets.

Besides, it won't take much of that kind of listening to damage your ears, anyway, and then you won't have to bother with upgrades.

Will