Rap music on high-end speakers

Hello,

I have audiophile taste in gear, but not in music. I listen to rap music, and occansionaly R&B. Is there anyone out there like me? What do you listen for when buying gear? I was wondering what are the benefits in getting better gear? I want to upgrade the speakers to either proac response 3.8 or wilson cubs. Here is my system:

Levinson No.23
aranov ls-9000
Platinum audio reference 2
Paradigm servo 15
kimber speaker wire
esoteric component wires
amc cdm7
tru
We wonder why "highend" is on its way out. People have you noticed all of the highend companies going out of business? To say someone has to listen to a certain type of music with "highend" gear is just plain stupid. If you feel that way than sorry but its time to get a new hobby. People this is a hobby! Tru listen to whatever you want to listen to. Sorry but when I go into my music room, yes I have a dedicated music room, to listen I might be in the mood for some Grover Washington, Jr. or Norman Brown, or Boney James, or Miles Davis, or Public Enemy (yes I have that too), or Nancy Wilson, or whatever. I even have some classical (sorry but this isn't high on my list) blues, funk, and many others. I want to hear good music and I want to be able to put on whatever I like and this is what I do. Again this is a hobby that we should be bringing as many people into as we can. Good music to one doesn't have to be good music to others. If you don't like the music sorry but someone else does.
Easy people.
My Bose response was a joke.
I guess it buzzed most of you.
Who care's what you listen to.
Whether or not someone likes or dislikes hip/hop really isn't the point. It has always been my opinion that audiogon was a discussion forum dedicated to helping people maximize their enjoyment of music and their systems. What upsets me about some of the responses is their incredibly dismissive tone. How many of the replies were actually intended to be helpful? Just because you don't like something doesn't give you the right to publicly crap on someone else's choices. If you think this message is addressed at you, then it probably is.
I would recommend a pair of the big Montana's. I have some Nova Audio Rendition's but you rarely see them used. I don't listen to rap but they really rock on techno. The neighbors flee when I play either the Propellorheads or Beethoven's Ninth. Very tight bass with either.
Tru, I own Thiel 1.5s and a REL Strata III and put in the Bob Marley box set disc 4 right after my other two favorite albums when I got them. Sent shivers up my spine. It's not rap but reggae leaves a bad taste in most audiophile's mouths too (I get made fun of for listening to reggae on my system on a regular basis). It's also not high-fidelilty considering when it was recorded. But, Bob's voice, the background singers, and the instruments sounded alive. One of my Alpha Blondy CDs is particularly well recorded. The little "pop" rap that I own also sounds great on them. Hope that helps.
BTW, I wouldn't even respond to anyone picking on your musical taste unless you need some stress relief.
leo.