REL strata III vs Spendor Sub 3, which to use with S3/5?

I have Spendor S3/5s and would like to find a subwoofer to use with them for both music and home theater. Judging by what I have read so far, the REL Strata III and the Spendor Sub 3 look like the leading contenders, and their design seems similar. Has anyone compared the two? Which one will mate better with the Spendor S3/5s? [It would seem that the Spendor subwoofer should, but Spendor is not known for subs and REL is.] Thanks for the help.
memeboy
Find a recent issue of Listener Magazine. They are comparing a REL to the Spendor (Although a more expensive model REL that you are asking about).

I am using two REL Storm III's with Spendor SP - 100 Speakers, and it is a marvelous match. The REL's were developed with the Spendor's, and the Quad's from past information received.

I believe it.

David
Don't agree with Greenink. I had a chance to compare
Strata III with Storm III A to B and Storm is just a step up. It sounds much deeper and more natural. I don't care what the design is. I got it, upgraded cable and PC and it sounds fantastic now. I should've not say "sounds" because it perfectly blends with mains and disappiars.
REL gives you easy placement and great control.
This is just my experience.
Good luck.
Replacing the power cord with something better on the Storm III will tighten up the bass. The Stratus probably sounds tighter on a quick comparison because it does not go as low, so it does not set off room effects as much. Each REL going up the line is an improvement over the one below it from my experience and from what I have read.

There was someone writing reviews on Audioreview.com that made the same comments about the Storm III and Stadium III not being as good as the Stratus III because of the port issue. I do not agree or believe it, especially considering they feel the Stratus III is a better sub than the Stadium III. But I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion. The Stratus is a great sub; but if you can swing the extra $500 for the Storm, I recommend you do so.

There are reviews on both the Storm III and Stratus III at www.hifichoice.co.uk ---- They liked the Stratus, but felt it did not go low enough. They rated the Storm III their favorite of all the subs they have encoutered. They are a mid-fi and budget audiophile magazine. Mostly stuff under $2000 per piece. I've always liked this magazine. They do not seem to kiss up to companies that advertise with them as some audio magazines do.

To answer one more point made by some comments, the Strata III has a crossover of 12 dB per octave, whereas the Sub3 has an 18 dB per octave slope. That makes it important to set the REL crossover at a lower number.
thanks for your comments and help
I am looking at the Storm III or the Stadium III. I would like to get 2 of them and hook them up in stereo right beside my 803N's. Are two Stadium's too much of a good thing? or even necessary?