Speaker Advice -- Which to Buy

I have a $1000.00 budget to buy floorstanding speakers,to go with with my odyssey stratos amp and denon 3300 receiver as my preamp. I've considered triangle zepher or kef speakers.Any other recommendations will be helpful. thanks
trip
Audiokinesis, that was one of the most enlightening comments about speakers that I have evere read! Also to keep in mind: the efficiency of the speakers. Some speakers require oodles of power to make them sound right (the Maggie 1.6's come to mind). If your running tube gear, a general rule of thumb is the higher the impedence of the speaker, the better. Also, try to get an in home audition of the speakers. The sound in a dealer's show room can vary greatly from the sound of the speakers in your home. Happy tunes!
Check out the Monsoon 1600 for sale in Audiogon for 1100 - they retail for 1899 - Go the extra and you will not be sorry. Check out their website.
You can pick up used meadowlark kestrel hot rods in your price range. Hard to beat. Also have seen used Alon II's in that bracket great speaker with great bass.
Hello, i am looking for the recommendation also! My priorities are: 3, 1, 2..6, 8, 10, 4. Loved Watt/Puppies 6 (listened them short time) however prefer laid back speakers. Listen mostly classical,(from guitar to large orchestra) and acoustic instruments in general, aaand sometimes reaggae! Own 50 wpc tube amp in rectangular room 10'x 18'. Thanks!
You might want to check out a used pair of Vandersteen 2ce signatures if you have a medium sized room (12'x15') or larger. I have them paired with an Odyssey stratos and Audible Illusions M3A, it's a pretty incredible combination. Very musical. You should be able to pick up a used pair in excellent condition for $900-$1100. You won't be sorry.