Ground for Cable TV Hummmmmmmmmmm

I am getting what sounds like a ground loop hum through my big screen tv to my surround processor. Would a grounding rod & ground on the cable help?
stealth93es
Mrderrick and Fpeel have it right about the correct fix. The problem is that the cable TV coax sheath provides an alternate ground path for the AC neutral wire if the coax ground is not in close proximity to the common AC ground point. The Radio Shack ground isolator should help in any case. From my experience it won't completely eliminate it but will knock the hum down into the system noise floor. In any case insure that the cable TV coax is grounded before it enters your house otherwise you have connected a potential lightning rod to your system.
Mondial (maker of Acurus and Aragon) makes something called the MAGIC for about $100. It works like a champ, but why not try the cheaper Radio Shack one first.
Check the jensentransformers.com website. It has a comprehensive diagnostic. But, to cut to the chase, chances are the ground loop is coming from the CATV line. Jensen makes a $50 isolation transformer for the CATV line that has proven to be $50 well spent for me. (No, I'm not affiliated with the company. I just happen to have spent a lot of time trying to solve a ground loop problem in my system and finding the Jensen product was a "eureka" for me. 'Sometimes it doesn't take much.) Good luck with it, Jim
Try this (it worked for me): run a wire from the outside connector of your TV cable (I had a wire with an aligator clip on it) to the ground on your amp. That Radio Shack "grounding block" is just a cable connector with a screw on it for connecting a wire. Using the aligator clip works just as well.
Ironically, just read about the MAGIC this AM in a review of Tishiba DVD palyer in stereophile (May or June 2001-I think)