Ground for Cable TV Hummmmmmmmmmm

I am getting what sounds like a ground loop hum through my big screen tv to my surround processor. Would a grounding rod & ground on the cable help?
stealth93es
Where the CATV enters your home, it should be connected to a "grounding" block. From the grounding block a #10 solid should connect to your grounding electrode. The grounding electrode is the rod for your AC serice entrance. Your telephone protector should also bond there.
To add to what Mrderrick said, it is apparently common for installers to ground the entry point of the cable system to whatever is handy. Breaker boxes, water pipes, gas lines, your neighbor's electrical system... I've seen all these done. If the desire is to fix the problem rather than patch it this is the place to look first.

BTW, I am NOT an electrician nor do I have any official training in this area. Before doing anything it is best to ask questions. This is electricity and the penalty for mistakes may be severe.
Mrderrick and Fpeel have it right about the correct fix. The problem is that the cable TV coax sheath provides an alternate ground path for the AC neutral wire if the coax ground is not in close proximity to the common AC ground point. The Radio Shack ground isolator should help in any case. From my experience it won't completely eliminate it but will knock the hum down into the system noise floor. In any case insure that the cable TV coax is grounded before it enters your house otherwise you have connected a potential lightning rod to your system.
Mondial (maker of Acurus and Aragon) makes something called the MAGIC for about $100. It works like a champ, but why not try the cheaper Radio Shack one first.
Check the jensentransformers.com website. It has a comprehensive diagnostic. But, to cut to the chase, chances are the ground loop is coming from the CATV line. Jensen makes a $50 isolation transformer for the CATV line that has proven to be $50 well spent for me. (No, I'm not affiliated with the company. I just happen to have spent a lot of time trying to solve a ground loop problem in my system and finding the Jensen product was a "eureka" for me. 'Sometimes it doesn't take much.) Good luck with it, Jim