Thiel 2.3 compare to Proac 2.5

How does the Thiel 2.3 stack up against Proac 2.5? Which speaker gives a more realistic enjoyable listening experience.

I tend to listen to Jazz and Classical for extended periods of time, and have liked the Thiel----but still wonder about Proac.
yashu
Abe, I've owned 1.5s for several years and recently went to 2.3s. While I felt the 1.5s were generally more tonally faithful than the 2.3s, the latter has a bit more weight on the bottom end. From the mid bass up, these speakers are fairly similar. The 1.5 is just as smooth as the early 2.3 - the revised 2.3 is a wee bit smoother, but not enough to justify tossing 1.5s. If you ever move up from 1.5s (which is a fairly manageable load) be prepared for a MUCH larger current draw with the bigger Thiels. Be sure your tube amp is up to the task or you may be very disappointed. Thiels in my experience require careful partnering and tend to sound edgy or bright when mated to SS amps with inadequate current reserves. Not as much of a problem with tube gear, but you may find dynamics and bass compressed and restrained if you don't have the horses. I will say this, if you do it right, Thiels are spectacular performers.
Sgmlaw, I was seriously considering the Thiel 2.3's for what you describe as "a bit more weight on the bottom end". But then I picked up the CJ PV-14L pre and CJ Premier 11a tube amp. These are very adequate for the 1.5's but I think I might run into trouble driving the 2.3's with the tube amp, not sure. I still have my Classe CA-200 but its up for sale. What to do?! I've had my 1.5's for about 6 years and I need suggestions for some other speakers I should consider for the Premier 11a in the sub $2500 (LIST) range that would be at least as good as the Thiel 1.5's. The 1.5's sound good with my tube gear so maybe I'm just looking for something different.
Hi Abe,
I had the CJ PV12a and Premier 11a when I bought the Proac 2.5's. I was very impressed with the Premier's performance on a speaker that likes current (mid bass can be a bit too ripe, especially considering it is only 70Watts/ch. Ultimately though I did sell it to buy a Levinson 331. I gave up some of that mid range glory but the speed, snap and drive were incredibly more lifelike.
I am not sure how closely the Thiel 2.3 compares to the Proac 2.5 but I think you will find it to be a beautiful match unless the Thiel needs the extra bottom control the Proacs do.
Chet
I have owned Thiel 2.3, and Proac 2.5, including some time with both. Gjrad above wrote comments that are nearly precisely what I would say. It is uncanny how identical our experiences have been. I would caution you that Thiel is more linear and slightly more detailed, but the Proac just stomped the Thiel in terms of musicality and harmonics.
Art