Martin Logan: They finally did it

I have owned a pair of aerius and sl3s the bass was better in the sl3s. Well I was going to buy a pair of revel gems but I decided to give logan one more chance. I sold my sl3s and bought the Ascents wow they finally have a speaker that the bass intagrates with the panel. I compared them to the request and they sound better.(the revels are still better and my first choice but I didnt want to have to buy a sub). I was wondering what other peopl think of the new Martin Logan line? Thanks for your input
lev335
I listened to the Ascents at a dealer a couple of weeks ago. The Midrange is spectacular but there was still a lack of continuity between the bass and the panel. IN fairness, I am not sure the speakers were set up very well, but there was a discontinuity between the two.

Interestingly enough, my wife loved the sound of the speakers while I less enthusiastic.
When I first got them I was far from impressed with the bass. After almost two weeks I love them.
I believe you can get the SL3, Ascent and Aerius to integrate, but the SL3 is the hardest. What they all need is a wonder amp and great setup before they integrate. The elusive wonder amp is the big problem. There are very few solid state amps that will not be shown up by electrostatics and very few valve amps that will move the bass woofer fast enough. Very rigid coupling of the speaker to the floor is perhaps the most important part of setup to get the upper bass to sound fast enough. Where they actually crossover, which is above the upper bass, they blend remarkably well.