Klipsch, high end?

I often hear statements regarding Klipsch speakers as being a very good speaker for use with low powered, mass market receivers. Does this make Klipsch a "cheap" or low quality speaker? In other words, How well would Klipsch (specifically the KLF-30,RF-3 or RP-5)Hold up in a high end system of multiple Bryston amps and a Proceed AVP? I was considering one of these Klipsch models and was wondering if they would be up to the task.
mborner
I recently auditioned speakers and found Klipsch particularly harsh. I listened to RB3 and SF2. I don't know, those horn tweeters were just too much for me, especially on very brassy passages. My ears were ringing. No doubt they had great bass response and presence, but the treble/midrange was just too much. I ended up going with PSB Stratus Bronze, at a lower cost than the RB3 here in Canada.
Viking there is absolutely NO metal at our house, nor any rap-crap for that matter either. And don't even SAY that B-word! These classics are so revealing that you won't like 'em unless the setup is just right (which is not easily done) so your experiences don't surprise. That's MY story and I'm stickin' to it!
It Ez again. Firstly, Mborner, PSB might be a really good choice to audition in that price range. Another option, and I don't know what your budget is, but I'm perfectly happy with my Biro L/1's. Its a very nice minimonitor at $1600 pr. and I'm satisfied with the sound of my system, i.e. no plans to upgrade whatsoever.
Bob, as far as my Klipsch I did put dynamat on the horns too (and the leftover on the front baffle). I also changed the internal wiring to the same synergistic research alpha I was using for the main runs. I tried every position imaginable. I put them close to the corner and experimented with their drivers axis crossing in front of my face, behind my head, directly at my ears. I.e. the toe in was up to 45 degrees sometimes like the BIG Khorns. I ultimately settled on the conventional position of the speaker firing straight down the room with no toe in whatsoever. Even after all the toeing in and moving to and from rear and sidewalls I was never happy with the sound. Believe me, I wanted to make my $1000 work. The associated equipment was a Jolida sj202a early handwired version (no printed circuit boards) with a California Audio Labs DX-1 and synergistic research a/c master coupler, alpha sterling interconnect, and alpha speaker cable. I was just never happy with it. The thiel CS.5 were so much nicer, much smaller cuter looking. A bit less bass but everything sounded nicer.
Klipsch's are great........if you want to play your music or movies super loud! Not much detail at any volume level though.
I don't know much about new Klipsch speakers and the only three I have heard was the Forte III, La Scala III, and Jubilees. The Jubilees were outstanding and far better than the other two. I have gone through a lot of older Klipsch gear and my favorites if you can find them are Chorus speakers. Forte I and II are nice. Never much cared for Cornwalls. La Scalas are great and the old ones built with real plywood the new ones MDF. Older pro gear like KP-450's or 456's are outstanding for home theaters or just two channel music.
 They beat most things you will hear but at that age require rebuilt crossovers since those deteriorate over time.  Newest Klipsch have personally owned is probably from the late 80's and I would only consider the Heresy, Forte, Chorus, La Scala, Belle or KHorn. Other smaller speakers were made back then too but I don't like them. On the other hand those Jubilees I mention are old school sound and are really something and if you are buying new and have the money half the price of KHorns. Twice the sound to.