Upgraded AC outlets

I would like to replace my stock AC outlet and would like your comments on your preferences.. PS Audio Power Port, Hubble, etc. Also, what wire guage is code for a 20 amp outlet? My room was wired with 10ga but they only installed a 15 amp outlet and a 15 amp breaker. BTW, I am comming up on my 100th thread and have enjoyed being here!
blueswan
I like my Jena labs outlets, but that's my opinion- try a search on this subject or better yet get in on the Albertporter group buy on cryo treated hubbels(which is essentially what a Jena outlet is).
I just got 4 wattgate outlets,and some plugs.. compared the wattgate outlets to ps audio power ports, and found the ps audio powerports are of a much higher quality, the contact prongs are heavly mis aligned in the the 4 wattgates i have. looking at the ps audio power ports, the contacts are truly even and aligned.
This is one main reason of buying these wall outlets is a perfect full even contact on the plug prongs. At the price of wattgate it is 3 times the price of a power port,tell me why?
Dear Chichiuno,
As a dealer of the Wattgate 381... let me answer a few of your questions regarding the 381 vs the PS outlet and hopefully help you with your concerns. This is only informational, and not intended to disregard your problems or the PS as a fine product...

Generally, the contact grips are in alignment on the 381 in the static condition. I have checked all of our stock and all are in alignment. Should you feel they are misaligned, contact your dealer to correct the issue. Should they be a bit out of alignment, once the plug blade is inserted, the spring loaded triple wipes have no choice but to align. Otherwise the blade could not be inserted. Wattgate is a fantastic company to deal with and I am sure they will correct any problems or issues you may have. Contact them with any concerns. They will help.

Take into account the oversized contact wipes on the 381 are a triple-wipe contact (they contact the top, bottom and side of the plug blade)design. The wipes, as every metal part on the 381, are of OFC Copper, followed by Nickel, and a final plating of 24K GOLD. No one else can match this expensive, effective process. The OFC copper is to improve conductivity, the Electroless Nickel plating prevents leaching, and the 24k GOLD improves conductivity and prevents corrosion. This multiple process is one half of the cost difference.

The second half of the cost difference is RAY KIMBER(Wattgate)and company. They set a design standard and came up with the Wattgate 381. It is NOT an over-the-counter outlet with Wattgate stamped to it's faceplate. It is a WATTGATE 381. The PS is simply the fine Hubbell 8300 outlet. There is a big difference in cost per unit between the two.

The final question should be... which performs best for you, not only now, but in years to come? The Wattgate is a great product!

Contact Wattgate if your dealer can't help you and discuss any problems you may have. Wattgate will stand behind thier product. I'm sure they would be happy to help and offer suggestions for correction.

Hope this helps and Happy Listening!

Dan
dedicated audio