My Mark Levinson system help

I own a 335 a 38 a theta miles & a pair of martin logan sl3s. I want to buy the 39 would my system sound better running the 39 direct into the 335. Or should I keep the 38 with the 39. Email me with any input thanks [email protected] I think the 39 direct is the way to go..
lev335
the 39 is very good as a cd player and pre amp. I have a39 and 360s going thru a 32 to either krell 600c or vtl1250 wotans or levinson 33 amps speakers are ml statement evolution2 s . I also run rel studio2 sub systems. all interconnects and speaker cables are world class. preference is a matter of taste so i wont disclose what i prefer since everybody has their own favorite, as far as theta miles good but the 39 will kill it a b yourself will only take a second to tell the difference. I have now gone to a reference levinson front end 30.6 31.6 marginally better than my 39 360s . when i ran my 39 direct thru my amps and again thru pre amp only gained a little performancewhen going into the pre amp but not worth all the extra cash for cables etc unless your just nsane like me . enjoy the music thats what its all about. mike
I have listened to the 39 run directly to levinson 27 amps to SL3s. It sounds excellent. The 39 keeps the volume control in the analog domain unlike many digital processors that do the volume control in the digital domain. In the digital domain bits are cut off to control the volume and the result affects not only the volume but the quality of signal. Levinson did it right by keeping it in the analog domain. If you do not need additional inputs, run it directly. If you do need additional inputs you will probably want to upgrade your 38 to a 380S. I had a 38S and upgraded it--it is a huge difference in transparancy.
Comments such as those by Paul are those that you just ignore and move on. Typical anti-ML response.
Thanks for all the feedback except for Pauls nonsense. Wadia lol lol. keep it coming guys
Go to this link, http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/rise43.htm, and scroll down to the heading "Being direct". They discuss their findings running it direct.