Best speaker a wife would tolerate

I HAVE TO HEAR GOOD SOUNDING EQUIPTMENT. MY WIFE JUST TOURTURES ME AND MY GEAR.
WHAT CAN A POOR BOY DO ? SOMETHING SMALLER WITH A SUBWOOFER . HELP BEFORE
THE FENG SHUI LADY SHOWS UP AT THE DOOR
128x128fleone
If size is an issue, the Mordant-short mentioned above is a nice small speaker. B&W CDM-2 look nice too.
diapason adamantes' are small stand-mounted speakers that are georgeous, & do a disappearing act sonically. *what* speakers,honey?!? ;~) bass output is also wery good for speakers of this size. r:e: subs, to do 'em properly for 2-channel audio, they may very-well end-up being more obtrusive than full-range floor-standers, as far as the wife is concerned.

i'm saving for newform research nhb645's or r645's, which are butt-ugly, imho - the wife's too - i only hope they sound as good as reputed, so that way she won't let me get rid of 'em after the 30-day in-home trial is over! :>)

The Totem line of speakers are very sharp. My wife has no
problem with the smaller Arros in the bedroom - and they sound great! It's a good idea to stick with an integrated
in some cases just to lose a few wires. There are some nice units out there.
fortunately, my wife has allowed me to claim our entertainment area as my own. not only did i get to decide on speakers and electronics, i even chose the rock and roll art works, designed the storage cabinets for my lp collection, and picked out all the furniture and lighting. how good is that! last year, when i sold (on audiogon) my avalon acsents that were finished in curly maple and bought eidolons in myrtle burl, she asked why i would want to get the same speakers i had in a different finish. (i did tell her the truth.... tho not the price.) anyway, my bride thinks the avalons are beautiful, as do all the other women in our extended family. as do i.