Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
ps: Matt, if you're looking for a good value high end S/PDIF cable, i'd recommend the Jorma digital cable which is excellent value imho. 2nd choice would be the Nordost Valhalla 2, though i'd take the Jorma every time. You can buy this cable new from The Cable Co for $1100 & even try it out to see if you like it!
Kana, I was also baffled. If you click on the synchromesh reclocker tab, then click options, you will then see "BNC-BNC cable"

Steve, if you are listening out there in cyberspace, it really is kind of confusing. It sure would be user-friendly l if you had a separate button for cable purchase on which to click.
Kana, I was also baffled. If you click on the synchromesh reclocker tab, then click options, you will then see "BNC-BNC cable"

Steve, if you are listening out there in cyberspace, it really is kind of confusing. It sure would be user-friendly l if you had a separate button for cable purchase on which to click.
Don't want to derail thread but Matt what made you decide on amps? And did you listen to the thors before getting the veritus? I have a loaner Thor on the way hoping it can compare to my Pass labs Xa100s. Love the sound but want a cooler smaller form factor.
My coax cable is listed as an option for most of my component products. I don't really want cable pages on my website. They are expensive to create and then I just have to get rid of them when the cable parts become obsolete or I decide not to build any more.

Steve N.