Phono Preamp and Cartridge selection

I have on order a new VPI Prime turntable. It will be used with a Mac MA-6600 integrated amp and a set of Revel F-30 speakers. Do I go tube vs SS? Looking for suggestions for MC cartridge and phono preamp. Hoping to be in the $2500-$3000 range. Thanks.
rkbcpa55
IMO, if you can spend a few dollars more, the Herron VTPH-2 will probably be the last phono stage you'll need. It is sonically as good as it VTPH-2 does not sound like tubes or solid state. It doesn't "sound" at all. It is just transparent to the signal.
"It is as sonically as good as it gets." Sorry, still getting used to a neW KeYboaRt.
I just recently purchased a Ortofon 2m black which is currently in my Miracord 50h Mk II. I plan on putting this in my new VPI. They also recommended the Ortofon Cadenza Black. Retails about $250 more than the 2M Black. I agree phono stage is will give me more bang for the buck now.
If you can get a Cadenza black for $250 more than a 2M Black, RUN and buy it asap!
However, the list price for the Ortofon Cadenza black is almost $2000 more than the 2m black! [not $250!]