"Sizzling" tweeters at high volume?

I have my new SFC-1 tube amp (Svetlana El34) 50wpc. my speakers are ACI Sapphire II (Focal TK-120 kevlar tweeters)rated 15-150wpc, 90db with imp. of 6ohm. On some recordings (Live at the Greek, Tim Haggans...)snare drums, and trumpet would start to "crackle", at volume level past 12 o'clock. On other CD's it doesn't(Kind of Blue)
eldragon
Probably cross-over damage. I remember something like this a couple years ago - it was a blown cap.
Sorry to hear that, but "sizzling" is actual "ringing", asociated with Kevlar tweeters. Look to upgrade to III, with new driver and ScanSpeak tweeter. You will love it.
the focal inverted titanium tweets should be a drop-in replacement - these tweets are what's in my meret re's, & i get no ringing, even at "head-banger" volume levels in a ~25x38 listening room... there was a cheap pair here f/s on audiogon last week...
It sounds likely that the amplifier is starting to clip at that point. Clipping causes a rapid increase in distortion such as you describe. Try backing the volume off just a little bit at a time until you get to the point where this no longer happens.