Is there an alternate to Martin Logans?

I love Martin Logan, the way they sound except for two things, my aerius i don't play loud enough and don't go low enough, is there anyway I can get these two things without going to a bigger Martin Logan, do other dynamic speakers exist that have the speed and transparency and pin point imaging of a Martin Logan?
tbonephile
Sorry Will, but regardless of how good it sounds, I could never own something called the BAM. Too embarrassing. Moreover, for 3K he can buy used reQuests which would smoke those Merlins.
Oh how right you are Phil. So far as telling anyone you have something called a BAM or if you like bam, as part of an audio system, I see your concern. God forbid that a Flinstone character could be in any way connected to a high end audio system, what would one’s non-audiophile friends think if they knew? So in answer to that, don't tell or better yet don't use the acronym call it what it is, a Bass Augumentation Module. So far as the ML Requests over the Merlins, to each his own. I am not a big ML fan but am quite familiar with their early to their present products. If you really think the Request would smoke the Merlins might I suggest that 1) You have NEVER heard the Merlins period. 2)You have never heard the Merlins properly set-up or 3) You have never done an AB (I haven't either, don't need to). The ML's DO NOT integrate the bass well with the electrostatic panels, that is a real problem for me. I didn't like the Sequels which was their first attempt at integrating the two and I still don't. The Request has the same problem as the others, it doesn't sound right and brings attention to itself every time I listen. The Merlins IMHO have a midrange and highs that are as NATURAL and coherent as I have heard from any dynamic speaker system, no exaggeration or emphasis of any of the frequencies AND they are seamless at ALL frequencies unlike the planer designs that attempt to integrate a dynamic driver. The real problem with the Merlin’s is that they have such amazing resolution that they reveal all the deficiencies of everything upstream. Bass is deep and very well defined, they just can't defy the laws of physics but work quite well in a small to medium size room (especially with that BAM). And last but far from least is the DYNAMIC capability of the Merlin's, it is life like when properly set-up and with the ideal matching components. The ML don’t even come close. I have not heard ANY speaker system which will SMOKE them. Sound more spectacular? maybe on some recordings. Sound more pleasing on certain recordings? surely. Sound more accurate? Not yet. It is once again a matter of “What is your preference Sir”? Maybe your Avante-Garde Duo's are better, I haven't heard them, but certainly have read many mixed comments on them. I suspect their shortcomings are similar, trying to integrate two different technologies in a seamless coherent manner is a very challenging problem that hasn’t been solved.
I spent an afternoon listening to the Merlins with the BAM at a dealer. We tried a number of amps and room positions. I thought they were mediocre (I'm being kind). So did the dealer. Based on that session, I'd say the speaker might have appeal to those who value a mediocre, hi-fi sound over musicality. BTW, if the bass didn't mate well with the electrostatic panel on the Logans you heard, they weren't set up properly. Your complaint is a common one for poorly setup Logans. If set up properly, the bass/panel match shouldn't be distracting. I'm sorry you were hurt by my comments about the BAM. Why not try the Wilson's POW-WOW, BAT's BAT PAK or Krell's CAST system? "There's a sucker born every minute."
Phil I agree that we disagree OK? I have heard ML's 50 times if I've heard them once. You are not being kind you are just being presumptuous. Let the guy listen for himself, I'm just offering an alternative. What in the hell is the dealer doing selling a product he doesn't believe in? I guess it was a trade in, right? Come on Phil "mediocre Hi-Fi over musicality", be specific in your criticisms and get off the high horse, I can take it. When there is a speaker for everyman, we won't need this forum will we? Will
Will, It wasn't a trade-in. The dealer carries the line because it can be driven by tubes and he is a tube only dealer. He is very honest in his opinions (to a fault...he's not a very good businessman). I stand by my comments about the Merlin.