Is there an alternate to Martin Logans?

I love Martin Logan, the way they sound except for two things, my aerius i don't play loud enough and don't go low enough, is there anyway I can get these two things without going to a bigger Martin Logan, do other dynamic speakers exist that have the speed and transparency and pin point imaging of a Martin Logan?
tbonephile

Showing 6 responses by phill_06896

Sorry Will, but regardless of how good it sounds, I could never own something called the BAM. Too embarrassing. Moreover, for 3K he can buy used reQuests which would smoke those Merlins.
I spent an afternoon listening to the Merlins with the BAM at a dealer. We tried a number of amps and room positions. I thought they were mediocre (I'm being kind). So did the dealer. Based on that session, I'd say the speaker might have appeal to those who value a mediocre, hi-fi sound over musicality. BTW, if the bass didn't mate well with the electrostatic panel on the Logans you heard, they weren't set up properly. Your complaint is a common one for poorly setup Logans. If set up properly, the bass/panel match shouldn't be distracting. I'm sorry you were hurt by my comments about the BAM. Why not try the Wilson's POW-WOW, BAT's BAT PAK or Krell's CAST system? "There's a sucker born every minute."
Will, It wasn't a trade-in. The dealer carries the line because it can be driven by tubes and he is a tube only dealer. He is very honest in his opinions (to a fault...he's not a very good businessman). I stand by my comments about the Merlin.
***I have heard too accurate, too much detail, ruthlessly revealing...*** That IS the definition of HI-FI, Sherlock.
If you knew what you were talking about, you wouldn't waste your time with such toys as the Merlins...and yes,the early CLS was hi-fi. I don't think you know the difference between hi-fi and music.