What kind of amplification for Martin Logan SL3 ?

I own Martin Logan SL3 and look for an amplifier (in the same price range) that could match with. Untill now, everything I've heard gave me the impression of missing details, sounded too cold or didn't deliver power enough to make me forget the low sensitivity of electrostatics. [email protected]
olivier
CELLO 1MEGA...& 350 POWER IS BEST..I.M.O. I USE QUEST-Z WITH MARK38 & KRELL KSA 50 S. IT'S GOOD BUT NOT A BEST. AND IF YOU WANNA GOOD QUALITY OF SOUND,USE TRENSPERANT CABLES... OR MORE WANNA SOUNDSTAGE, MIT CABLE IS GOOD
I have the Martin Logan Aerius, the smaller version of the SL3's and use a pair of Meridian 557's (400 watts into 4 ohms and high current delivery) which sound wonderful, you need power of this order to make them sound right, plus bi-amping as I have done with one amp for the panels and one for the bass makes a HUGE difference to every aspect of the sound quality.
If you're the type of listener that is obsessed with "breaking-glass" cymbals and "thunderclap" bass, you're gonna need solid state with plenty of watts which cost plenty to do right. If, like me, you prefer to get directly to the heart of the music ...put on an album and enter the world of live, in-room entertainment presented for your exclusive attendance, you've just got to try single-ended triode tubes. Admittedly, the majority of designs are low (less than 10watts) in true Class A / Zero Feedback (The ONLY way!!!). There are however a few designs which take advantage of the larger 211 and 805 power tubes, and can double that power delivery! Don't be discouraged by the maths! These amps will drive loudspeakers that they shouldn't. My 8 watt Cary's drive anything 88db sensitvity upwards. And don't believe that the bass is soft and furry. What's there is timbrally correct and tuneful. But the heart of the message is in the amazingly natural and wholistic sound that can be achieved. With a superb investment like the SL3's, you owe it to yourself to find a good dealer who is not only honest enough to admit that no, he hasn't actually heard it for himself - but will also go to some trouble to set it up for you. The Cary equipment gets my highest praise by the way. Good luck!
The amp I currently use with my Martin Logan reQuests is an Aragon 4004MkII (200W/C)-- not bad at a fairly resonable price point used (approx.$800-$1,000). However, I just auditioned an Audio Research VT100MkII. It not only handled my reQuests with aplomb, but provided the sound I had always wanted but had not found until the A/R. Other amps auditioned were Bryston 7B-ST monoblocks and QuickSilver monoblocks. Neither came close to the VT100.