Willl you spend over $5000.00 for speakers?

I always wondered what type of person will spend over $5000.00 for speakers. I bought a used Willson WITT 1 for $5700.00 and I am told by people that I am out of my mind. I don't care what they say. I love my WIIT 1 and soon to upgrade the speaker. Willson Audio is one manufacture who cares about your investment in a beautiful well built speaker and allows you to upgrade the speaker for a fee. Wow!! What a great sound. Kick back and drink a cold beer while I enjoy one song after another.
woof
Absolutely! But will VISA allow me:-) Current $$$ favorite is the Vandersteen Model 5. The bonus being that they will always be upgradable per Mr. Vandersteen.
In 1991 I bought a pair of Apogee Duetta Signatures @ $4,000. At the time it was the most money, by far, I had spent on anything for music playback. I haven't even considered looking at or listening to anything else since.
Sure, I would spend easily 5000 because this is my hobby and I get a great deal of satifaction from listening to music. Some people come home from work stressed or whatever and drink, or smoke, or eat to much, and take Xanax. Audiophiles on the whole relax by listening to their stereo system. This is what we do to unwind and enjoy life. Its a healty escape. My theory, very unscientific, is that audiophiles live longer than that of the non-audiophile. Yes I see my purchases of stereo equipment an investment in my mental & physical well being! $5000 for something that makes you happy over several yrs? bargain indeed!